17th August 2020
FORTE HEALTHCARE Limited are delighted to announce the launch of Hydrafast – a next generation oral rehydration solution for calves. Hydrafast was developed alongside Professor Gayle Hallowell, Professor of Veterinary Internal Medicine and Critical Care at the School of Veterinary Medicine and Science, University of Nottingham.
Features of Hydrafast:
- Delivers ideal sodium levels for water absorption and rehydration.
- Provides high glucose levels for energy, and as the main co-transporter of sodium.
- Contains Glycine, an amino acid which facilitates sodium absorption and speeds mucosal regeneration.
- Includes acetate, propionate, and citrate as acid buffers. These also act as sodium co-transporters and further energy sources.
- All components of Hydrafast are carefully balanced achieving the desired osmolarity, strong ion difference and sodium: glucose ratio.
Professor Gayle Hallowell, who developed Hydrafast said: “This new ORS formula for calves is both practical and research-based, and should address what we know calves need when they have diarrhoea. It provides nutrition as well as an optimal electrolyte balance.”
Hydrafast is the newest addition to the Ark Animalcare product range and comes in sachets of 133g. Each box of Hydrafast contains 24 sachets. Hydrafast is available now from all major veterinary wholesalers, or direct from Forte Healthcare Ltd.
HYDRAFAST is a complete dietetic feeding stuff for the nutritional purpose of stabilisation of water and electrolyte balance in cattle. HYDRAFAST is designed for use in the case of risk of, during periods of, or recovery from, digestive disturbance.
For further information on HYDRAFAST, contact Forte Healthcare Ltd, Block 3, Unit 9, CityNorth Business Campus, Stamullen, Co Meath. Phone: 0035318417666. Email: email@example.com
Date of preparation: August 2020. FOR158.